Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June Ipsy Glambag Unboxing



Mommylicious

The June Ipsy Glambag just came in yesterday and this time I promised myself that I would have the review up the same week. I have been using my 'mommy excuse' for too long now and I just want things on schedule now (starting with my blogs).





The June Glambag is the signature zippered bag by Ipsy. The bag has a matte finish and I like the way it feels. The theme this month is Rebel Rebel and the bag has graffiti all over it, which looks really cool. 


The theme card lays more emphasis on the graffiti pattern and says that this month is all about some serious sizzle and signature looks. I wish the Ipsy card was more informative about the usage of products and their retail value. It would save Ipsters the trouble of visiting the Ipsy website to get filled in on all the details.  



Lets jump right into the products.



Klorane Eye Make Up Remover

This is a natural eye makeup remover made from cornflower. It does not burn and is very gentle on the skin. It dissolves the makeup and does not leave the skin oily. It also strenghthens the eyelashes, and this I am yet to conclude after one use. Looks like a very handy product. This little sample size is perfect for travel and is going to be super useful.




Boo-Boo Coverup Concealer

This is an all-in-one concealer for all kinds of problems like dark circles, bug bites, blemishes and wounds. This is supposed to heal while concealing. Now, that sounds new to me! It has tea tree oil and aloe vera which do the healing. The formula is not very greasy and it did a pretty good job of covering up the blemishes for me. I would say it is medium to high coverage and a good concealer to have. 




Kajal from Vasanti Cosmetics

Kajal is the Indian eyeliner and it has been named so because of the Indian connection of the brand. It is in the shade black and I have to say it is very pigmented. This kajal is very smooth and glides on smoothly. It is a roll-up and would not need sharpening, which is a bonus. I found it very long wearing and it did not smudge on me. I am really loving this kajal. The only qualm I have with this product is the packaging, which is a little flimsy.  





Baked Highlighter from Dirty Little Secret Cosmetics

I am happy Ipsy has sent me a baked highlighter; I have been wanting to try these for a while now. This is in the shade Bellisima. It is a very pretty peach-y pink. It has very subtle gold shimmer which almost gives that 'natural glow'. I love highlighters with a tinge of color and it looked pretty good on my skin tone. Really looking forward to using this.  






Eyeshadow from Urban Decay

Again, I saved the best for last. Finally, here is a high-end brand. It is an eye-shadow from Urban Decay in the shade Lounge. And look how tiny it is! I have never seen a smaller eye-shadow. It is a duo-tone eye-shadow that changes color. The shade Lounge is a mix of green or red. It looks green in the packaging to me but on swatching it looked reddish. When light hits the skin, it had a green undertone. Interesting! I would love to play around with this eye-shadow. I apologize for swatching it lightly. I mean, there is such a tiny amount of product that I did not want to waste any of it.  


Overall, a good Glambag. The kajal and the eyeshadow are my favorite. The eye makeup remover is my least favorite (or the one I am least excited about and could have done without). All the products are very useful and I am going to use it all. But where are the lippies? Give me some lip products Ipsy. Too many eyeshadows I say. The rebel in me wants to rebel against the lack of lippies in my last few Glambags. One known, high end brand (Urban Decay) made me happy, but the tiny sample size didn't. The only full-sized product was the Kajal but I am not a fan of the poor packaging.
all I can say is I am looking forward to July. 


If you are interested in knowing about my previous Ipsy Glambags, you can find them here - May, April, February
Want to know how to skip the oh-so-frustrating Ipsy waitlist? Read this
Join the $10 beauty subscrition box, Ipsy, here







No comments:

Post a Comment