Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May Sephora Play Unboxing

Mommylicious



A nine month wait to get my hands on the highly-coveted and much-awaited Sephora Play box in May. Sephora Play is a sample beauty subscription box. They don't send full-sized products. It works for me as I get to try before I buy. It is easier to use up small sample-sized products than be stuck with huge containers of products I dislike. I like getting well known high-end brands. So, I am hoping Play! just might be the subscription service I was waiting for all my life.



Let's see if it was worth it. I am going to jump straight into the products from the box. However, if you interested in a detailed review of the Play box, you can get it here.


 

The theme of May 2016 is The Forces Of Nature. The selection of products are natural and high performing. The products came in a cute little white satchel which says 'Let's beauty together'. Inspiring. It is all about Spring cleaning your beauty. 




Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

It is an intensive treatment to restore hydration and bring back luster to the hair. It is free of parabens and sulfates, silicones etc. making it natural. You have to use it after shampooing your hair and leave it there for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. It is to be used once a week. The 1oz tube I received will last me about 4 washes. This mask is not something that you use for a day and feel how soft your hair is; it has to be used for a few times to see how effectively it reduces breakage and damage. I have used Briogeo products before through other subscription services and they have impressed me every time. 
Sample value - $9
The full size retails for $9.






Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial

It is a lightweight overnight facial treatment that melts into the skin. It has wild rose oil that moisturizes and brightens the skin. It is good for all skin types. It helps with dullness and uneven skin tone. I used it after my nighttime routine and I really liked the way my skin felt in the morning. It is a pretty decent sized sample. I have combination skin and it did not break me out. I really liked the smell. It is not at heavy and does not leave the face too greasy. And a small amount goes a long way.  
Sample value - $12.09
The full size retails for $19. 







Tarte Tartiest Lip Crayon

This is a primer cum lip liner by Tarte. It is a twist-up and has a tapered tip to contour the lips. It is creamy and glides easily. It is hydrating and is free of parabens. The shade is Latergram and is a very pretty dirty rose color. A very useful product indeed. This is a sample size. This has a matte finish and it comes in 10 other shades. 
Sample value - $1.80
The full size retails for $18. 





Origins Maskimizer

This comes in 3 parts - there is a hydrating mist for priming the skin before applying the masks, and two types of masks. There is a purifying charcoal mask and an overnight moisturizing mask. I love the packaging. The primer mist comes in a little bottle like a perfume sample and the masks come in foils. It is a great idea to package the primer in this manner. I love Origins masks and they work very well for my skin. I love these two masks as well. I am a little obsessed with face masks lately, and the Origins Maskimizer has come to me at the right time. 
Sample - $1.86
The full size primer retails for $22. 









Amuse Bouche Lipstick by Bite Beauty

I was saving the best for last. I am so excited to have received the Amuse Bouche Lipstick. I have three of them already and I just love them. These lipsticks have an amazing formula and fresh citrus-y scent. These are so pigmented and hydrating. These are (hands down) one of the best lipsticks I have ever used. Sephora has selected the shade Kimchi and it is a bright summer-y pink. The shade is a little too bright for my choice, but it is summer and I am in the mood for some Kimchi. You can read my full review of the Amuse Bouche Lipsticks here
Sample - $8.67
The full size retails for $26. 




Atelier Cologne 

Each month Sephora includes a perfume sample in the Play box along with the 5 samples. The perfume is a bonus item and does not count towards a product from the box. It is a fun little extra. And that is just great! I love sampling expensive perfumes before I actually invest that kind of money in it. So, this month it is Orange Sanguine by Atelier. It is orange-y, it is refreshing and it is summer-y. I love citrusy scents and this is just awesome. 
Sample - $1.82
The full size retails for $70. 






Total value of the box is $35.24 . For $10, it is a steal. Overall, I am more than happy with the May Sephora Play! box. High-end brands, check. Products that excite me, check. Products that I will use, check. Sephora did a great job of product selection as they fit my needs, and match my skin tone and taste.

I can only say that it has been worth the wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment