Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April Ipsy Glambag Unboxing


MOMMYLICIOUS

The April Ipsy Glambag arrived and I am so excited to share it with you guys. The theme of this month is dreamers. This month, Ipsy wants you to create looks that celebrate every side of your unique beauty, from natural and understated to high fashion and ultra-glam. The theme card got me very curious and this month I did not go to my Ipsy account for a sneak peak of the products I would be receiving. I wanted it to be a real surprise. And how?



To start off with this month's bag - it is bright yellow and has no pattern or anything on it. It is more like a couple of colors blending with each on a wet canvas. Yellow is the color I dislike the most, so I am not too fond of this bag. Let's just say, I have received better bags from Ipsy. 

Now, to get on with the products I received in the April Glambag:

1. Brriogeo Don't Despair, Repair 

This is a gel-to-oil overnight hair treatment. It infuses natural oils, antioxidants and vitamins into the hair to strenghten, restore moisture and repair damage while you sleep. This has to be massaged into the hair and scalp before you go to bed. You just have to leave it on overnight and wash it the next day. a very convinient thing I say. I found this product to be pretty effective when I used it. My hair did feel nice and hydrated. It is best to follow the package instruction and protect your pillow with a towel to prevent staining. My only problem is that it is a 9.75 ml sample size pack and it was only enough for two applications on my long hair.  




2. Show Me Your Cheeks Blush by Elizabeth Mott

I got this blush in the shade Peach pink. A very pretty shade I must add. It goes really well with almost any skin tone. It is a natural pink shade that is perfect for daytime wear. It is not that pigmented and can be built up as per your need. What really disappointed me was the filmsy packaging. I can understand that it is a sample size and has to be made smaller but that does not justify the plastic-like packaging this blush came in. 

 


3. Tarte LipSurgence Lip Creme

This is my favorite product from the April Glambag. It is a lip creme or rather like a lip crayon by Tarte Cosmetics. It is in the shade Wonder and it's a really pretty poppy pink color. It is very smooth and creamy and glides easily on the lips. If you want a sheer color, you can just glide it on your lips once, or build up the color for something richers. It is a very travel-friendly sample size; perfect for on-the-go. This lip creme lasted a long time despite eating and drinking. I love it, just like other Tarte products. Thank you Ipsy.




4. pur-lisse beauty Sheet Masks

These are intensely moisturizing, soothing and balancing sheet masks. Ispy has been generous enough to provide two kinds - Blue Lotus and Seaweed and Blue Lotus and White Tea. These Korean masks have Asian botanicals that deliver antioxidants and minerals to the skin. These are supposed to brighten and firm up the skin and leave it youthful looking. Application is easy, you just have to keep it on for 15-20 minutes and relax. I have tried the one with seaweed and it smells amazing. Very hydrating and I loved the way my skin felt after I took it off. I can't wait to just put these on and close my eyes and lie down. (A very hard thing to do with a 7 month old must I add!) Sheet maks have become my new obsession and I just can't get enough of them. So convinient and mess-free.   




5. Bright Eyes by Skinn Cosmetics

This eye enhancing eyeliner is going to make the tired (mommy) eyes pop open and look like they are well-rested. I was not too excited about this product when I first opened my Ipsy bag but now I feel it is a handy thing for a new mom like me. It will indeed help me fake some shut-eye. Apply it on the inner corners of the eyes to open up your eyes. 



Overall, I am really happy with the April Ipsy Glambag. It has more hits than misses. Most of the products are going to be useful and I love the lip creme and sheet masks. I will purchase the sheet masks for sure. I am really happy with Ipsy's choice and shade of products. 




No comments:

Post a Comment