Monday, February 15, 2016

February Ipsy Glambag Unboxing

MOMMYLICIOUS

This is my first Ipsy Glambag and I am superexcited to share its unboxing. I just subscribed in January, and this is the first Glambag I received.

What is Ipsy?

For all those who don't know about Ipsy yet, here it is in a nutshell. It is a monthly beauty subscription box. You can get 5 deluxe size samples for $10 a month. Anyone can join Ipsy and shipping is free in the US. 

If you want to know how to skip the Ipsy Waitlist and get your Glambag the very next month, you can get some helpful tips here.

What is in the bag?



This month's theme was Pretty in Pink. The products came in a cute little make-up in keeping with the love in the air. It fits well with the month of February with Valentine's Day et all! I can just keep this bag filled with all my on-the-go makeup items into my purse. 
So, here are the products I received in this month's bag:
1. Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner Pencil

It is a crayon eye liner in the shade Jac by the Balm Cosmetics. It has a built-in sharpener in it. It has a very smooth texture and rich color. It is a fun color and you can use it to jazz up your look. This is a full size product. It retails for about $17. It actually comes in 8 shades, but Ipsy has been giving out only 2. I received the bronze color. Some of the other members have received purple.




2. Ciate mini Nail Pot
I got this nail polish in the shade 'my go to red'. It is by the brand Ciate London. These nail polishes are free of chemicals. It comes in a really cute little pot. It is pretty small for a nail polish, but when is the last time anyone has finished a nail polish? It is really thick and smooth. However, you will need 2 coats. It does not reke of that typical nail polish smell. And I loved the brush; it is so perfect for a flawless application. This size retails for $8. Yes, it is a pretty penny!





3. Dr. Brandt Pore Dermabrasion
This is  a pore perfecting exfoliator that refines the appearence of pores, deep cleans pores and smooths skin texture. It is supposed to reduce enlarged pores and mattify shine. I can't wait to try this because of late I am dealing with enlarged pores in a couple of areas on my face. Sad! This looks like a sample size. The full size retails for $15.99. 




4. Theorie Argan oil Utlimate Reform Hair Serum
It is supposed to restore moisture and impart brilliance to lackluster hair. It is made of natural ingredients like Moroccoan Argan Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil and Keratin. It smells medicinal. Again, I would love to try this and see how it works. Now I have pretty long hair and I am worried if this little bottle will be enough for a few applications. I mean till I can see if it is working. This is like a sample size I believe, and it retails for $13.99. 




5. Lip Gloss from Vintage by Jessica Leibeskind
I got it this lip gloss in shade Pink Sequin. This shiny lipgloss is supposed to give the lips a luminous shine and sophisticated shimmer. It is a cute pink color, good for day-wear. I did try it on when I went out for Valentine's day dinner. I loved the almost -nude shade with shimmer. It stayed on for a long time, but not till the end of dinner. It is a sample size. The full size retails for $21.




Overall I would say I am pretty satisfied with the contents of the bag. I liked all the products. I think Ipsy did a good job of matching my profile to the products. I am happy with the products I have tried so far. Really excited to try the others. 
Just to let you know not everybody gets the same products in their monthly Glambag. It differs according to the profile and preference of the person. I would love to know what the other Ipsters have received and if you have like the products. 
If you have not joined Ipsy yet, you can sign up here. (It has a referral code! You can use it to give me a boost)



No comments:

Post a Comment