Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June Sephora Play Unboxing


Mommylicious





After the highly impressive May Sephora Play box, I just could not wait for my second box to arrive. For some weird reason both my Play boxes arrived on Saturday mornings! Just gives me another reason to love Saturday more. What better way to jump into the Father's day weekend than with new makeup. All the details on Sephora Play you want is right here




The theme for June Sephora Play is The Minimalist. It is all about the nudes and the naturals. The line that Sephora is playing on this month is 'less is more'. The products included are for giving a low-key summer look, with an easygoing appeal.




Jumping straight into the box:





Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow it Creme

This (H)air Styler creme is for adding volume  and enhancing the texture of your hair. If you want to skip blow-drying your hair, this creme will help you achieve great looking air-dried style. All you got to do is apply this creme on wet, towel-dried hair. No rinsing needed. Spare your hair the heat and the hassel. My hair felt very soft and hydrated indeed and my flyaways (always an issue) were in control. It saved me a lot of time as a new mom, yet get styled hair. 






BareMinerals BareSkin Bronzer

This is a liquid bronzer that can be worn on its own or over foundation. It is pretty sheer to give a natural sun-kissed look. The bottle looks really tiny but you only have to use a couple of drops. Works well on all skin tones. It is a fun product for the summer. You can use it with your moisturizer. You can use this bronzer to contour your face. You can even add a tinge of color to your arms and legs by mixing the bronzer with your body lotion. One little bottle, yet so many uses! 






They're Real! Mascara from Benefit Cosmetics

This is one of Benefit's best selling mascaras. This mascara both lengthens and volumizes. The bristles are really fine which helps in reaching even the smallest lashes. It has a special wand which can be used vertically to push the lashes upward and out with the domed tip. Applying 2 coats is recommended for that fake-looking-but-real lashes. I love this mascara already. It did not clump up or smudge after wearing it through the long summer day. I wore it to the beach, followed by dinner and the mascara stayed put. Love these mini sample sized mascaras for on-the-go. 






Becca Backlight Priming Filter

This is a shimmering makeup primer for blurring out the imprefections. You can use it after moisturizing your face. Use it as a primer and follow it up with makeup or if you are in a rush and need no such coverage, just wear the primer alone. What I noticed is that this primer did make my skin look brighter. Just use a tiny bit, and it will do the trick. You can even use it to prime your eyes and lips. Primers are the most talked-about and trendy product now and Becca has done a great job here. 





Tarteguard Suncreen Lotion

This Broad Spectrum SPF 30 suncreen lotion from Tarte is the most useful product for the summery days ahead. What is the difference between the Tarteguard and the other sunblocks you ask? Well, the Tarteguard is a mineral suncreen that uses zinc oxide along with titanium dioxide to create a sun barrier for the skin. It is free of chemicals and has antioxidants. I decided to give it a try on my day out at the beach and I quite liked it. It does not leave the skin looking ghoushlishly white. Of course it is a little whitish due to the presence of Zinc Oxide but it does not show on the skin. It is not greasy or sticky. It has a very mild but pleasant scent. My makeup sat pretty well on it through the day. A big thumbs up, so far.






Florence from Tocca

This is a bonus little perfume sample which Sephora just throws in for fun. This month the Eau de Perfum is called Florence by Tocca Beauty. My smell test tells me it is nice. I am yet to use it. Florence is all about old-world Paris. It has Violet petals, Italian bergamot (don't know what that is!!), Blue Iris and all those fancy ingredients that gives it a feminine and sofisticated fragrance. I did receive a different sample of Tocca perfume before from Birchbox and I had loved that. That makes me quite fond of Tocca perfumes. Great choice Sephora.  


Overall, a great box. The June Sephora Play box is all about the big names from the cosmetic world; from Becca to Tarte to Benefit and BareMinerals. The only brand which was new to me is Bumble and Bumble. But I am impressed with the Bumble and Bumble hair creme. I love it when an entire box is full of makeup products. I am thankful to Sephora for not including skincare products, which I like picking out myself. All the products are very useful and I have already started using them. A very summer-friendly box I must say. 


If you want to know what was in the May Sephora Play box, you can get it here.

If you want a Sephora Play Review in general, you will find it here

Want to know about other beauty subscription boxes? Find it here

Interested in mommy stuff? Find it here







No comments:

Post a Comment