Thursday, May 26, 2016

May Ipsy Glambag Unboxing

Mommylicious

The theme for the May Ipsy Glambag is Destination Chic. The reason is probably the Memorial Day long weekend and people going on little holidays. Or it just might be the season of hanging out by the beach or pool parties and barbecue. Whatever Ipsy has tried to hint at, it's really 'in season'. 



The May Ipsy Glambag is different from the previous ones as it is a button-up envelope-like bag. Ipsy has sent out a few different colors; I got the blue one. Honestly, I would have preferred the purple one, as that is my favorite color. 



The card that came with the Glambag is like a postcard which you can actually post back to Ipsy with your location. I am not going to do it, but I see a lot of people on social media doing it. I don't do postcards. 




The 5 products that came in this month's Glambag are:

Eye Fluff Brush by INSPR Beauty

This is an eyeshadow brush for buffing and blending. You can use it to blend out any harsh lines. This brush is synthetic and soft and fluffy (of course!). But I feel it is not too fluffy, like the other blending brushes. It does the job well. I like that it is small and the eyeshadow does not spread where you don't want it to. The handle is nice and long giving greater control. Yes, it is a useful tool and I am already using it.




Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Bronzer Duo

I got this Bronzer Duo in the shade Caribbean Sun. For some weird reason I find the name of this brand very funny and cute (pong pong). What is great about Jelly Pong Pong is that all their products are paraben-free, hypoallergenic and don't clog the pores. This is my first experience with the brand and I have heard about it only from Ipsters (Ipsy subscribers, silly!). This bronzer duo has a brown shade and an orangy shade. The lid has a mirror so it is great for travel. In it goes into my purse. While I like the brown shade, the other one is a little too orangy for me. It is very pigmented and creamy. It has Argan and mango butter making it so not-dry or powdery. 




Aurora Nail Polish



I got this nail lacquer in the shade Safety Orange. Orange seems to be the color of the month for my Ipsy Glambag. I pretty much hate the color orange but I thought it is almost summer and why not experiment with some bright neon colors. Yes, the orange is a traffic-stopping orange, and hence the name. It is pretty easy to apply and dried up fast too. It is in a big size and I am just worried if I will ever use orange nail polish so much that I can finish it up before it dries up. 



Eva nyc Hungry Hair Oil Treatment

It is a really tiny 10 ml bottle. But I just chopped off my waist-long hair and now it is shoulder length. So, I am hoping I can get a lot of use out of this tiny amount. This has Argan oil in it (no points for guessing). Every hair oil or treatment has Argan oil these days. It works for my hair so I am not complaining. But honestly, I am a little tired of Argan oil. I mean, give me something new now. I am so done with Argan oil. The Eva NYC oil is supposed to strengthen the hair and prevent heat damage. It helped me detangle my hair and kept my hair soft and hydrated. Yes, my hair was hungry for a few calories and I just gave it to them. 




Smashbox Cosmetics X Rated Mascara

I was saving the best for last. Yes, Ipsy did it again. They included a high-end brand in the May Glambag and that made the bag totally worth it. The mascara is a sample sized one but I love that it is a brand I know of and a fan of.  I really love the fine dense bristles. These kind of bristles help lengthening the lashes. It did not clump up or smudge on me after I wore it for the whole day. I like the formula, it is very light and does not make my lashes too stiff. This is my favorite product from the May Glambag.  







Overall, the May Ipsy Glambag is impressive. Although there are misses especially because of the color orange, there are hits like the mascara and the eye brush and hair oil. The inclusion of one high-end brand and good product makes all the difference for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment