Friday, July 15, 2016

July Ipsy Glambag Unboxing

Mommylicious

The July Ipsy Glambag is here. This month around I decided not to get a sneak peak of my bag through my Ipsy account. I kept it a complete surprise. But Ipsy surprised me when they emailed me saying that they are doing away with the system of social media sharing for the early preview of the Glambag. Yay! Finally, Ipsy is getting a hold on their subscribers' social media dictatorship. 

Anyway, getting to the July Glambag. 



The July Ipsy Glambag is a zippered glossy one. It screams summer and is really cute. There are little pink umbrellas on a silver background. So cute! This bag is totally going into my purse as my on-the-go mommy makeup bag





The theme this month is Hot Summer Nights. It is all about the low-key laid-back vibes of summer. 




Getting on the products:



SHRAY Sheet Masks

The first thing that catches my eye is the biggest product, two sheet masks. Hydration is the key word here. These masks target dehydration and ensure that the skin is moisturized and silky smooth. These masks are made of natural wood pulp and we got to try the masks in 2 varieties - Ms Amazing and Queen Bee. Ms Amazing is for sensitive dry skin while Queen Bee is for redness and acne prone skin (that is me, you guys). I have tried the Queen Bee mask. It is easy to apply as the mask comes with a peel-off plastic sheet. The scent is pretty mild and the masks are very thin and sheer. It is nice although I did not notice any difference in my skin. Looking forward to using Ms Amazing.
  



Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow from theBalm Cosmetics

I have waiting to try theBalm Cosmetics forever now. I am so intrigued by the names of their products and the super retro packaging. It is so eye-catching that I was literally wishing I would get to try out some of their products through monthly subscription boxes. So, yay to that! I got the eyeshadow in the shade Matt Moskowitz, which is a matte plum. These shadows are ultra matte and can be used on any part of the eyes to create a variety of looks. It is super pigmented and velvety and I love it already. 



Eyeshadow Brush from Vasanti Cosmetics

This is the second month in a row that I am receiving a Vasanti Cosmetics eye product. This time it is a Contour Eyeshadow brush. The name really had me guessing what it is for, contouring of eyeshadow blending!(Oops) It is dome-shaped and great for blending eyeshadows. This brush is meant for well-defined eyes, and hence the name. It is a synthetic brush with shiny bristles. It is nice and soft and does the job well. My only qualm, the bristles are a little bent in Ipsy's attempt to pack it in the July Glambag. 



Delectable Hand Cream by Cake Beauty

It is in the scent lemon and cream and when I tested it, it just reminded me of lemony baked goodness. It is rich but not greasy. It has natural ingredients and smells yummy. The scent is everything! It just made me smell my hands all day long (and crave for lemon cake). Now that I was reading up on Cake Beauty, I know why this hand cream smells of lemon meringue. It is a confection inspired brand and the scents are to die for. Finger licking good. I want to try the other scents so bad now.



Face Primer by Too Faced

As always, I had saved the best for last. It is the Hangover Replenishing Face Primer by Too Faced. It has coconut water for hydrating the face. It not just helps to lock in the makeup for a long time but also gives a fresh and flawless look. It is a unique concept where the primer doubles up as a moisturizer. It gives the skin a well-rested feel and look. Sounds super nice to me. 


Overall a great Glambag by Ipsy. Ipsy has continued to impress me with the July Glambag. I love all the products. I dig sheet masks, so they are always welcome. I have also found my favorite hand cream, thanks to Ipsy for introducing me to Cake Beauty. The 2 highly-coveted brands and big names are theBalm Cosmetics and Too Faced. I am more than glad to be receiving these brands. I just loved the July Ipsy Glambag. More power to Ipsy.  







No comments:

Post a Comment