Thursday, September 15, 2016

August Sephora Play Unboxing


Mommylicious





I know I am a month late with this blog, but I have a good reason. I moved to a new city in a new house because of my husband's new job. Sephora failed to update my new address on time and had my Play Box shipped to my old address. Thanks to USPS I got my August Sephora Play Box at my new address (although 3 weeks late). Unable to wait so long I did check the social meeds to check what others received in this month's Sephora Play box. And let me tell you I wanted this box so bad. I was just hoping that the Play box was not left at my old house's doorsteps (and someone would steal it!! Oh God no!)


The Sephora Play bag is all black and white this month. I miss some color on it. It has a cute little wink on it that says Wink Outside the Box.



The playbook exposes the theme that was hinted at on the bag. The theme of Sephora Play Agust is The Eye Openers. So, you kind of know that most of them will be eye products. Exciting!



Getting into the box..

 

Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow

This eyeshadow is in the shade Artist Shadow I-544 and it is kind of an iridescent pink granite color. It has a nice shimmer to it yet is very smooth. It is a really pretty smoky color, which is very buildable. I love how Make Up For Ever eyeshadows are so pigmented and have great color payoff. This shade in particular is something that you can play around with. It can be used during the daytime and nightime, by simply intensifying the color. Love it.


 

Sephora Eye Pencil

This is a waterproof, 12 hour wear contour eye pencil in the shade Love Affair. It is a rich plum color. And may I add it matches the Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow so well. It has a nice shimmer to it too. This color can be smudged to make a smoky eye, so perfect for the Fall. I love that it is waterproof and is long-wearing. The only qualm I have is that it is so tiny.



Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

This is a lengthening and volumnizing mascara from Urban Decay's Perversion line. The Perversion line is known for its jet-black color. I love how this mascara does not clump up and made my lashes look really dramatic. The more coats I applied the greater was the drama. Oh, I am in love with this mascara already. 



Algenist Eye Renewal Balm

This eye balm comes at such an appropriate time. I have been wanting an eye cream for a long time and Sephora has granted my wish. Running after a 1 year old and moving into a new house has not been too great for my already exhausted eyes. I am so close to having raccoon eyes. I hope this eye balm manages to calm my eyes down. The Algenist Eye Renewal Balm is supposed to reduce dark circles, wrinkles and puffiness because it has Alguronic Acid with anti-aging properties. I am hoping the microalgae in it will help new mommies like me. This eye balm is light and moisturizing, but how effective it is I am yet to determine. 



Lancome Smoothing and Glowing Liquid Care Moisturizer

I am super excited to have received Lancome. It is basically a moisturizer with the goodness of Goji Berries and Lemon balm. This moisturizer is really lightweight and great for the California heat. It is supposed to give a healthy glow to dull and fatigued skin (that's me!). In it goes in my daily skincare routine.



Clean Reserve in Warm Cotton

This is the bonus fragrance. Who does not love a little extra something thrown in with the regular products? Trying new fragrances just makes me feel all the more excited. I have actually not purchased any perfume in the past few months in an attempt to use up all my Sephora Play fragrance samples. Saves me a pretty penny! Now, as the name suggests, this fragrance smells like cotton or fresh linen. I like it as it is a welcome break from the regular floral scents.

Overall, the August Sephora Play box has impressed me a lot. I do love eye products and I am not complaining with a bag full of them. Apart from the Lancome moisturizer, all the other products can be used all the time. And the fact that the moisturizer is from Lancome, keeps me just as excited. Sephora can come up with monthly themes based on areas of the face like this. And may be throw in a few beauty accessories too, like an eyeshadow brush would make the August Sephora Play Box more desirable. This box is totally worth the $10 I paid for. 


  













1 comment: